Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brugge

There are truely no words for this city. Charming? Stunning? Quaint? Sure. Those will do, but even the pictures don't do Brugge justice.

I am staying at my cousin's house. He married a Belgian and they have four girls. I took Ella and Norah out today to climb the Belfort (church tower), go on a boat ride and eat chocolate. Ella thought she was a model and posed every chance she got. Norah refused to be in any photos, and the ones she was forced to be in, you can tell she wasn't happy about it! There are just so many beautiful photos of Brugge, I'm going to slide show it. We had a great time today. Ella said at every turn, "Oh, this is so nice, you must take a photo of this! Let me be in it!"



This will not be my last post in Belgium. I'm contemplating going to Ghent tomorrow, but I would be content to just be in Brugge again. Plus, there are a few more "must do's" in Brugge, including chocolate!

On a different note, Fabio is taking the bar as I type. He has testing all day today and part of the day tomorrow. He tested all day yesterday, and I only talked to him for a few minutes, and he said it was brutal. It will be a happy day when it's all over!!!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

You've said it perfectly. THere is no word really to describe how beautiful Brugge is. What a hidden gem! I imagine you're eating cheese right now. Big hugs to Ella, Myrna, Norah, Sophia and Ann!

Melissa DeLeon said...

I am glad you are enjoying your solo trip! (The photos are great.)
Words cannot express how jealous I am...

Emily said...

beautiful! and I'm jealous for European chocolate!!! ahhhh!!! hope you're having fun!!

xo
em

mom/Janet said...

How could one not like Brugge. I'm sure your dad and I will visit there again some day. We've been there twice. There was no doubt you would fall in love with it.

Cherlyn said...

I think Ella makes the perfect poster child for Brugge.