Tuesday, April 21, 2009

England Must Do's:

1. Check into beautiful manor house hotel in Cotswolds:


2. Visit Sudeley Castle and Gardens where royalty and nobles have been living for 1000 years:




3. Drive through the English Countryside and gape at the most charming villages you have ever seen in your entire life:





5. Take a walk on the Cotswold Way:



***Avoid open coffins in old cemeteries:



5. Visit the Roman Baths:


6. Spend a morning in Stourhead Gardens:





6. Visit Stonehenge...Is there anything man-made that is older in the world?


7. Take a ride on the London Eye (Try to go on a clear day though):


8. Visit the Tower Bridge...at night and during the day:



9. Walk by the House of Parliament and Big Ben and Westminster Abbey...but if you want to go in, expect to pay up...big time! And don't forget to get to Buckingham Palace before 11:30am so you can see the changing of the guard!




10. Visit Harrod's Department Store. Arguably the most elegant and elaborate department store in the world. You name it, they have it...at an incredibly expensive price! (If you ask your husband for a $10 cupcake, he will probably say no.)


11. Visit the Tower of London, the residence of British Royalty in London for 600 years. Take a tour by one of the Yeoman guides!



11. Eat at a pub, eat fish and chips and take lots of photos!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm loving the posts! Keep them coming. I want a Paris post though.

Dane said...

I'm so freaking jealous! You two are living the jet-set! Keep the trip reports a-comin'!

Jeanna said...

Fish and chips.....yummy!!!! Stourhead gardens, they must have filmed the latest Pride and Prejudice there! Oh Mr. Darcy, come meet me at the garden and ask me to marry you and I'll say YES! (assuming I'm not already married to my own Mr. Darcy, of course).

I beg to differ, I believe Scotland has the most quaint, lovely villages ever. But England is pretty nice, too. :)

Courtney said...

Hold the phone!! Do I spy the setting for the rain scene in "Pride and Prejudice" in Stourhead Gardens?! Oh, I am sooo jealous!! When I was in England, it was the year before the movie came out, so I didn't have the chance to obsessively stalk all the film sites.

"You have bewitched me body and soul." (sigh)