Monday, April 20, 2009

Kara and Emalei Travel Europe!

One of my dearest friends came to visit me in Europe! Kara and I served our missions together. Ours was a unique experience in that we were roomates for all but 18 weeks (3 transfers) of our mission. We were companions for only 4 weeks and dare I say it rivals for the most entertaining 4 weeks of my whole mission? We've been home for 7 1/2 years (gulp), but we're still as close as ever. Since we've been home, we've talked of travelling Europe together, and a few weeks ago, it finally happened!

First, we went to mine and Fabio's favorite Alpine village, Murren:

Murren is still in the throws of winter as you can see...although it was quite pleasant with the sun shining!


I LOVE these fountains! So did Kara. The water is so pristine and perfect!




Part of the fun of travelling with Kara is that she is totally game for photo shoots. :)


In my opinion, the Lauterbrunnen Valley is THE most beautiful in the whole world:


The other great thing about having Kara travel with us is that she could take candid shots of us. She's good too!


Next, I took Kara to my second favorite place in Switzerland, Bellinzona.


I had fun photographing some fountains:



I took Kara's "senior pictures", and she took mine. :) Fabio would have died had he come with us. Bellinzona was all about photo shoots:




Spring is slowly coming to Switzerland. Kara took this. Pretty good, huh?


And then...there was Paris:

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Um... are you going to tell us about Paris or are you just putting up pictures? I MUST hear about one of my favorite places in the world!

mom/Janet said...

You're going to have a hard time adjusting to the states. Not near the history.

Mme. Kara said...

I loved our visit, Emalei! You two are the greatest! Love you!

Jana said...

Man, I wish I could come and visit you! Looks like fun!

Jessica said...

How fun!!!!!! Europe and photo shoots- it doesn't get better!

Courtney said...

Em, I totally love that candid picture of you and Fabio. So precious!

kim said...

hey em! oh my gosh, what a fun trip! looks like you guys had such a great time. loved all the pics and so funny, murren is one of my mom and dad's fav spots too.