Last Sunday I spent the afternoon with my dear friend, Anke. Anke and I worked at the international school in Luzern together. I say
worked because Anke is having a baby in a few weeks, and per doctor's orders, has not worked for the past month. Oh, how I've missed her! No more bus drama (reference earlier post), no more shoulder to cry on and voice of encouragement when I need it most. You may remember Anke not only from the bus post, but from my post about Turkey. We spent 4 wonderful days in Cesme. Not only did she encourage me to go in the first place, she forced me to swim in the ocean at 7am, catch the "public bus" to go shopping and race into Istanbul for a whirlwind tour by taxi on our 5 hour layover. Making friends can be so bittersweet. Just when you're enjoying their friendship the most, change interferes and it's time to say goodbye. I feel like that is the story of my life. But, I digress.
Anke lives very close to Bern, and because it's fairly far (almost 2 hours) from Zug, we haven't done much outside of school. We took a peaceful walk around the rose gardens above the city, relaxed at the garden cafe and strolled through beautiful Bern. It was a perfect afternoon. I wish we could have done it more often!

The view of Beautiful Bern from our cafe.

A few of the scenes from our stroll through medievel Bern.


Tschüss, Anke! Thank you for the lovely Sunday afternoon! I can't wait to meet Baby Wagner via Skype!
5 comments:
Friends are the best!
Aunt Beth
Em!!
It was so wonderful to talk with you on Saturday!! It made me realize just how much I reaaaally miss you.
Can't wait for our northwest girls weekend - I'm already plotting!!
Uhhhhh, I miss you already too!
Thank you soooo much for everything ---being! Not only last Sunday, but last school year was good because of you!
Virtual cheers to friendship! Hopefully we can soon again do that non virtually =)
Huge hug!
Your German friend that will be stuck in Switzerland and you have to come and revive her occasionally,
Anke
P.S.: your camera does take amazing pics!!!
I continue to be in awe of the beauty of Switzerland -- after your photos and trips over the last year, the country should consider hiring you as their PR!
Anke, thanks for helping take care of our girl. I can tell you are a kindred spirit!
Post a Comment