Things I'll miss about Switzerland:
1. Countless options for day trips.
2. Ease and efficiency of public transportation.
3. Architecture.
4. The most amazing bread I’ve ever tasted in my life. And about 100 different varieties made fresh all throughout the day at ANY grocery store or gas station that sells food. And it’s CHEAP! It’s about the only thing that is in Switzerland.
5. The milk. Yum.
6. Walking paths anywhere and everywhere with sign posts telling you how far different destinations are.
7. The perfectly manicured and green hills.
8. Being able to be among and above the mountains.
9. Being so close to Italy.
Things Fabio will miss about Switzerland:
1. Mandatory 401K.
2. Mountain towns like Lauterbrunnen and Murren.
3. Summer thunderstorms.
4. Swiss 10 franc water bottles. Aye-Psych.
5. Being able to see my mom regularly.
Reasons why I'm excited to be back in Seattle:
1. Counter space in the bathroom.
2. Closet and drawer space.
3. Eating out.
4. Speaking the common language. Hallelujah!
5. Having a car.
6. Living close to my parents.
7. Trader Joe’s and Safeway.
8. American T.V.
9. I get to live with and use my own things again!
Reasons why Fabio is excited to be back in Seattle:
1. Eating out.
2. Having a car.
3. Feeling at home.
4. Speaking English
5. Starting school and moving on with my career.
6. The rain and cloudy days.

7. Being able to afford working out at a gym.
8. Discovery Park.

9. Being able to rent kayaks.
2 comments:
What a terrific attitude - looking for the good in what's to come and appreciating what has been. I know I've certainly enjoyed your Switzerland experience......
I could almost smell some of that bread. I bet it was yummo to the 10th power.
Keep on enjoying the beauty and enjoyment of all things Swiss.
Aunt Beth
How ironic you used the term "bittersweet" because that is the same term I used today to describe the end of Monico's Spring Term and the conclusion of his student teaching!
You guys have LIVED it up this last year -- tons of photos of amazing travels, so, I understand the mixed emotion, but I think you can safely say this year was a success! But, we will be glad to have you back here again.
P.S. i don't know HOW you got a photo of you guys in a kayak (as in, who took the picture and how did the camera survive), but I noticed that the rudder wasn't in the water. Don't EVER let those teenage boys who rent the kayaks convince you to take out a kayak WITHOUT the rudder. It makes ALL the difference and it is way easier and way more fun.
P.P.S. The word verification on this comment is "sorepupu"... how can I not be a immature at 11pm and not make fun of that... a little... I mean honestly! :P haha
Post a Comment