Yesterday, I most likely spent my last day in Ticino. It was a sad train ride home. I think I was supposed to be born there. I really do. Not only is it the perfect place (ok, they don't have Trader Joe's, but I could get over that) but I just feel at home there. Strange. We didn't do anything special, just went to Ticino's largest city, Lugano. We walked around, had pizza and gelato
of course, and took a paddle boat out on the lake, but it was perfect for my Ticino fix. This post will not only show the best of Lugano yesterday, but the best of Ticino over the past year. Let me count. I've been there 5 times, and have ridden the train through there many more. Some of these photos will be repeats, but Ticino deserves an encore.
Lugano:





The train ride between Zug and Ticino. One of the reasons I love going to Ticino so much:



Bellinzona:



Locarno:

Ahhh...Ticino, mi mancherai.
3 comments:
Ouch! I can slightly empathize. Beautiful pics, as always!
More bittersweet (and beautiful) moments. :)
oh my gosh em!! so beautiful, i love all the pics. but i am so excited that now you'll be a little closer :)
Post a Comment