Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas in Seattle

Fabio and I designated Saturday "Christmas Day." We picked out a tree, decorated it and played Christmas music. I finally got to use the tree ornaments I've been collecting from around the world for the past ten years. Thanks to my mom (world traveler) I have quite a few!

I made a slideshow, mostly for my mom's and my sake, of some of the special ornaments. They come from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Finland, Russia, Chile, The Netherlands, Italy, Alaska, Estonia, Washington DC, Israel, The Marshall Islands (thanks, Heather!) and the list goes on and on...



Here's our finished tree. Isn't it pretty?

5 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Boy, am I impressed, not only with the variety of ornaments but with the slide show too. Is there no end to your talents?? What a terrific idea to collect ornaments from around the world.

Happy Holidays.

Aunt Beth

mom/Janet said...

Finally, all those ornaments going to good use. Why didn't I think to get doubles so we'd have some too. I never think of things like that and always get souvenirs for everyone but ourselves. Glad you can enjoy them. Pretty tree.

Jana said...

I think I was w/ you when you bought a couple of those DC ones. Your ornaments from Europe are so beautiful. Merry Christmas! Miss you!

Jessica said...

The tree looks great, but Emalei YOU also look great! So skinny! Nice! Now could you just lend some of your motivation to me???

Melissa DeLeon said...

Very beautiful tree, yet it has a comfy feel to it as well -- it definitely exudes multiple levels of Christmas cheer!
I am trying not to be too jealous of your holiday helper. Mine actually LEFT the room while I was decorating. LOL.