For those of you who are unsure, San Marino is a small republic (independent nation) of about 40,000 people in the middle of Italy. It sits up on a cliff with a medieval castle snaking along the top. The streets are old and narrow and quaint, and it's one of my favorite places. Unfortunately, today was quite possibly one of the worst days to visit. Sigh. Here are some sad and pathetic pictures of Fabio and me trying to look like we're enjoying ourselves. Ha!
A view of San Marino from Fabio's dad's piadina factory (more about this later):
A view from the top of one of the castle towers:
Fabio's father makes piadine (like tortillas only better) in San Marino and so we got a tour of his factory. He was so proud to show us around. (And to show off his son who lives in America.)
Proud Giulio. We are going to Taranto with 4 bags of these. Yum:
Rewind to last night. We had dinner with Fabio's brother and girlfriend at a restaurant on the beach. It was really fun for Fabio. He hasn't been with his dad and brother since 2007.
In a few hours, we are getting on a night train to Taranto. To top off yet another night of sleeping in the sitting position next to strangers, Fabio and his family are worried about our stuff being stolen while we sleep. Super duper. I'll let you know if we make it alive.
5 comments:
I can see the cold in the color of Fabio's cheeks and nose! Brrr
Love the castles!!
Loving your updates! This one was particularly funny just because of the last paragraph. We always tend to think that trips will be so glamorous and then little things like possible stolen luggage or freezing cold temps bring us back to reality. :)
If the locals are concerned then I would be too. Hope all goes well. How nice for Fabio to go where his dad works. Kind of like "bring your child to work day" His dad is good looking. :)
Dude this looks so amazing!! Way to keep the posts coming DURING your trip. I don't know if I could do that.
Amen, Dale. Seriously I love reading these updates! I hope you had a Happy Birthday! We thought of you on Sat. as we hopped a flight to Seattle.
So, I have been meaning to comment, and have to say that something caught my eye when I first started looking at your posts...I thought...hmmmm......Emalei looks different....And then I figured it out. You aren't wearing glasses! HOw are your eyes doing? I imagine they are doing well because you look amazing!
Post a Comment