I have seen countless blog/facebook posts about parents taking their kids to the pumpkin patch. Fabio and I don't have any kids, and for this reason, Kara (dear mission friend who is from Omaha and was back visiting for the week) and I had to convince him that we could also have fun at a pumpkin patch! Vala's, however, is more than a mere pumpkin patch. It is the Disneyland of all pumpkin patches. From pony rides, to train rides, to hay rides, to countless food stands (apples, pumpkins, potatoes, bakeries, turkey legs, cookies, cupcakes, fudge and much, much, much more)to haunted houses, pretend mine tours, several stages with animated "fallish" characters, corn mazes and the list goes on and on, this place was a true phenominon. Yep. One thing in Omaha has left me a little speechless.
Lucky for us, the weather was a little overcast and cool, which meant that the massive crowds they usually experience on the weekends were kept at bay. Overall, we enjoyed the crisp, cool, colorful fall day!
Fabio picking the perfect pumpkin (that we didn't end up buying...those suckers are expensive!):

Hayride:

Princess Emalei:


Fabio enters the corn maze...

Kara LOVED the mums. They were everywhere:


Kara and I served our missions in upstate NY together. After a district meeting, we took advantage of the adjacent corn field and "thrust in our sickles." This is Kara and me in the summer of 2000:

Kara and I an obvious 10 years later:

7 comments:
Once a princess, always a princess.
love the pics if you and Kara. looks like you had lots of fun!
I love going to corn mazes and pumpkin patches. (BTW - I bought my pumpkin for $.17 a lb at Fred Meyers. hehe) We haven't been able to fit that in yet this year, but I hope that the weather will permit it next weekend!
Glad you had fun.
We just went to a pumpkin patch this weekend, too! It looks like you had a great time. Hooray for fall!
I love pumpkin patches, but I've never purchased a pumpkin there either! Geesh, with plunking money down on all the other events, you'd think they'd give you a break on the pumpkin!
You found it! I love that picture. Glad you both enjoyed one of my favorite places!
I've lived here Omaha) for 5 years now and only went to Vala's for the first time this year. . . funny, I called it the Disneyland of pumpkin patches as well. We need to have you guys over again. We missed you the weekend everyone was here.
Post a Comment