Thank you for the bike ride through the National Mall, an impromptu viewing of Marine One with President Obama on board, Curbside Cupcakes, wood oven pizza in Old Town Alexandria, a walk through Georgetown, feeding the ducks along the C&O canal, playtime on the "slide" with teddy bear, delicious homemade dinners, bedtime stories about the little wild horsey and Moose and the Muffin ("he made a biiiig mess!"), primary songs and afternoon naps (my first in years!). It was heart wrenching to leave, but now I have wonderful memories to cherish. Can't wait until next time!
Love,
Auntie Em

Waving goodbye to "Present Omama" with a view of Abbie's finger in the corner. Yes, she takes pictures for a living. :)




We chased Curbside Cupcakes. Best invention EVER! Cupcakes traveling to a curb near you. De-lish!



Again, this photo was taken by the photographer in the family. Haha! I like to give her a hard time, but she really does take amazing photos with a real camera instead of a cell phone. Don't you LOVE Ella's face? Nothing could have made her happier than riding on the "choo-choo," aka, the Metro.

Perhaps going on the slide with Teddy Bear made her happier than riding the choo-choo.
9 comments:
I need a cupcake from the pink cupcake van. STAT!
And Ella is so pretty.
I like your bangs in the pic on the "choo choo". And it looks like you took a tour of DC on bikes! Way to go!
Best photo has to be on the Metro. SO CUTE!
Glad you could cram all that fun into a short visit.
And yes, naps are GLORIOUS!
You forgot to mention that you were at the park for 2 hours which has made it difficult for me to live up to the Auntie Em amazingness. I got tears in my eyes reading this post. Sad. I'm going to have to steal the pics from your blog since they were all taken with your phone! I hope none of my clients ever read the review you gave me as a photographer though. ;)
Ooh, ooh, ooh - what a fun trip report. Looks like a great time was had by all and the weather sure didn't hurt.
I'd almost forgot you had bangs. Makes you look more like Cherlyn all the time.
Boy, I bet Abbie and Ella are counting down the days to your next visit.
Boy that does sound packed with fun. You're right.........heart wrenching to leave that little one. Glad you could go. Such fun memories.
That last comment was me........Mom. I was using Abbie's name looking at a blog. My bad.
Emalei,
Loved knowing you had a nice getaway! President Obama was here in Seattle this week at the UW. On another note, I showed julia your 3rd grade portfolios and she was amazed! She is gong to make some although i think less detailed...nobody can keep up with you Miss Ambrosio!!
Lea Hanan
PS Joey's wacky as ever! Today my older son looked at Joey and his enery and then at me and said "Shouldn't Joey be on some sort of medication?"
Me? I say bottle up that energy and sell it!
I know I'm behind on this one, but pretty sure you wrote "President Omama." Yes, Emalei teaches school for a living. =)
Post a Comment