Sunday, October 10, 2010

What We Do For Fun in Omaha

Since moving to Omaha we have taken up some new hobbies. I think we've started doing these things because there is, quite frankly, nothing else to do here. I came to that realization yesterday as Fabio and I started bowling our 4th game. You read right, bowling. Anyone who knows me should be surprised. I've never liked bowling, but we've done it twice in two weeks.

The other thing we've started doing is watching movies at the theater and at home. Anyone who knows Fabio should be surprised. He's not a "movie guy." He even signed up for Blockbuster to send us movies at home, but he mostly uses it to rent Wii games.

Today we considered buying bikes, but then we decided that we are in the wrong season for that, as the rumor is it's supposed to start getting really cold soon. Fabio looked into soccer leagues last night, but those are ending right now too.

Sigh...needless to say, we're missing our Seattle this weekend.

5 comments:

Fabio said...

True, there is truly nothing to do in Omaha. I almost can't believe how dead it is. However, spending any weekend with my love is always fun, regardless of location.

Aunt Beth said...

Well, at least the lack of fun & exciting things to do generated a blog posting. For those of us who depend on your generation for news of fun and exciting things, the day wasn't a total waste....

Anonymous said...

Seattle is missing you Emale!
Lea

Jeanna said...

Soon you'll be able to peruse the aisles of Trader Joe's. I could do that for hours.

Melissa DeLeon said...

That's what it felt like to live in Utah. We didn't go dune'n or mudd'n, so we pretty much stuck to bowling and mini-golf in the summer. Primarily (because of finances) we spent weekends playing games all night with friends.
If you are interested in getting bikes, maybe start a new hobby of Saturday morning garage/yard sale shopping. Bet you could find a nice bike for a real bargain. Not to mention, there are other great deals to be had.
You could also start couponing. That is quite a hobby... more like another part time job.
Seattle misses you too. I hate traveling past Magnolia and thinking you are not there. :(
We spent this last weekend at Leavenworth Oktoberfest -- that's what you should REALLY be jealous of is the Cascades.