Sunday, November 21, 2010

Two Traditions Come Together

Tomorrow is November 22, which is Santa Cecilia in Italy, or the beginning of the Christmas Season. This week is Thanksgiving in America, which also marks the beginning of the Christmas Season. Fabio made pettole, a fried dough that is traditionally made in Puglia on November 22. I made a poor man's Thanksgiving dinner, meaning, I just took a shortcut on everything, and I only made the stuff I really, really like. I.e. turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. We ate Fabio's petolle for rolls. It was simple and we enjoyed it, especially since we won't be spending Thanksgiving together. Fabio has to work on Friday, and since we're going to Scotland for Christmas, we decided I should spend Thanksgiving with my family. Sad to leave Fabio, happy to see family!




Yes, Petolle is fried dough, and very unhealthy, but it's oh-so-delicious.




Don't judge. I've been sick since Tuesday, and haven't showered today, and Fabio had just showered and put his jammies on. We're not puttin' on a fashion show for anyone. :)

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Aw, you guys are so cute! :) And you look great for being sick and in jammies. Wish I were going home too. So sad. :(

Melissa DeLeon said...

Now I'm in the mood for a donut. Thanks a lot, Fabio. (hehe)

Aunt Beth said...

Was that 3rd plate for me??