Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Season 2010

Oy vey...I've waited too long to update, and now there is too much to write! I'm going to resort to a photo story to recount the last month:

OK, no photo for the first thing. I went home for Thanksgiving and somehow I lost my picture of that. Hmmm. Fabio had to stay and work on Friday, but since we're going to Scotland for Christmas, we thought it was a good idea for me to spend Thanksgiving with my parents, brothers and sisters-in law. We had a relaxing vacation, eating lots, helping Bridget make a "quiet book" and watching BYU football. It snowed and was very cold, but it was fun to be cozied up indoors with some of my favorite people!

We decorated our Christmas tree!


I bought a new winter coat. I call it my arctic explorer coat. I've never had such a coat, but I'm so grateful for it. It truly makes going outside in Omaha's subzero temperatures and serious high winds a pleasure. I also bought two new pairs of boots!






I replicated my mom's sugar cookies! It's a Christmas miracle! (PS: I know the Santa cookie is a little creepy.)


Here's the biggest news of all. Fabio spent 6 straight hours in the kitchen today. Honestly, I'm not sure he's spent that much time in the kitchen total since we've been married. First, he made cheese ravioli (from scratch) for tomorrow's dinner, then he made pizza and finished it all off with Christmas biscotti (cookies). He's exhausted now. I'm not quite sure what got into him, but it was impressive! What was especially cute was that Fabio's mom was on Skype with him while he was making the ravioli. She was talking him through the whole process. They are so cute.

Ravioli:




The pizza was A-MAZ-ING!


Cookies:


He dipped them in chocolate and then dowsed them in powdered sugar. We really won't know how good they are until they are all dry in the morning:


Only 4 more days until we leave for Scotland! It wasn't very encouraging to find out that most of Northern Europe, including the UK and Amsterdam, the two places we are flying through, had most of their flights cancelled/delayed yesterday and today. Yikes. We're hoping, knocking on wood, praying, etc. that all this snow gets out of its system by tomorrow, which is what the forecast says. If not, well, we're just preparing ourselves to accept whatever happens. We can have a good time no matter what (as long as we make our reservations for our very expensive Christmas dinner at the Scottish castle).

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I love it! Scott and I have yet to buy a tree. Maybe next year. :) I am also so very excited to see your pictures from Scotland. And way to go Fabio with the homemade yumminess! You must both come and visit soon. :)

Melissa DeLeon said...

The boots are very cute - I oogle the lace up pair when I'm out shopping, but don't favor tucking my pants into my shoes so I keep passing them by.
Love the coat. Getting cold from the waist down is such a mood killer! Glad you are nice-n-toasty now.

Anonymous said...

It is so cute to read my wife's blog posts. She is so adorable and gracious. Love you honey!

mom/Janet said...

Cute boots. I need some, especially this winter. This morning was the third time I've shoveled the driveway and Saturday I paid a boy from church to do it. I would love to taste Fabio's cookies. They look interesting and - - - well all of it. Here's hoping to a thaw in Europe.

Jeanna said...

Loving your boots!

My friend in Edinburgh was saying it's supposed to be -14 there tonight, so I'm glad you've got your arctic gear in place and ready. Take a TON of pictures PUH-LEASE! of Scotland???

Enjoy your vacay and I'll be super interested in hearing about your pricey meal at the castle as well. :)

Dale said...

Dude, so much Christmas cheer in this post! I am loving it. Looks like you might have to leave Fabio at home to keep an eye on all the Christmas goodies still cooking in the oven.

laura said...

wow have such a good time in scotland!