We think he's pretty cute already:

We got to see him yawn a few times and scratch his face. Everyone says that boys are the best but they are very active. He already moves a lot. Fabio felt him move for the first time today.
More thoughts about our "little guy:"
- We can't help ourselves. Every time we go down a baby aisle in a store, we HAVE to buy something. And if we're in a mall with a baby store, guaranteed, we will buy some cute shoes, socks or outfit.
- We already have his crib and other furniture, including changing table and dresser. They are white and just perfect. We bought them a few weeks ago and they were delivered last weekend. They were on sale and I just didn't want to wait and then pay more later!!! (I'm justified, right?)
- The ultrasound tech said we'll have to keep a close eye on his growth since he's already so big. It's likely he'll be born early because I may not want to deliver a 10 lb. baby. This makes Fabio very excited. Every day he says, "I can't wait to meet my little guy."
- Fabio has pretty much completed our registry. He's also completely cleaned out the office and now it's the nursery. Still pretty bare, but certainly nothing else but Matteo's stuff in there. He said a few weeks ago, "Little Matteo doesn't know yet that his daddy is a planner." Yeah, big understatement, Daddy!
- I know this sounds really snobby, but I don't want to raise my baby in Omaha. It just feels unnatural for me. I know most of you can't understand what I mean, but I just do not like it here at all, and the thought of it just being me and the baby all day....in Omaha....with no where pretty or interesting to go, is a real downer.
Anyway, it's highly likely that I won't post again until we have something else to write about Baby Matteo. :)
5 comments:
So excited for little Matteo. He already has a few things from double A (Aunt Abbie sounds so weird... it sounds like An Tabby) but he hasn't seen them yet. But he will like them, I know it. :)
You need some friends in Omaha. Friends make anything unbearable better. I'm sure Omaha would be way more awesome with some good friends.
Ah, this post puts such a sad spin on such an exciting time in your life. I hope things get better for you both in Omaha.
Sorry, but you can Omaha what you want. So get excited about going for walks in the stroller with Matteo and going to the park. Get with Jill for mommy days etc. So excited that a wardrobe is building for this little guy.
I know the feeling of having nothing to post about. It seems like as soon as a baby comes into the picture nothing else is worth talking about! I am SOOOOOOOOO excited for your little guy to come. Being a mom is the best, and I am so happy for you that you don't need to worry about having him in the middle of school.
we have a couple cute little things waiting to be shipped to Omaha for our little Teo....is it ok if we call him that?
SoooooooOOO excited!
I'm not just saying this, but I've had something for him for at lesat 4-5 yrs.....
One trick I had to learn to avoid overbuying cute baby things was to change my walking pattern at the mall, i.e., avoid using the restroom in Lord&Taylor. You had to walk thru the baby dept to get to it and that proved deadly a time or two.
Too bad you don't live in Syracuse; it's real exciting here. We're already #4 for the snowiest season on record and who knows, we could easily move up. Then NBC Nightly News could be broadcasting updates from your hometown.
How much longer do you have to tough it out in Omaha?
Post a Comment