Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Last Hurrah

We have been spoiled with, get this, friends, for the past few months. Kara and Ben moved to Omaha at the end of April and we've been having fun hanging out since. Yesterday was our "last hurrah" as I'm now 39 weeks pregnant, and Baby Matteo will certainly be here before we can hang out again. Yesterday we had a 4th of July BBQ, and Kara kindly pointed out the irony that our last dinner with friends without a child in tow was being had on "Independence Day."

We love these two!





Here is Baby Matteo at 39 weeks. We are SO excited to meet him!


Thoughts about Baby Matteo:
  • He is huge and just needs to come out already. We won't go into details about stretch marks and sore pelvis. My maternity shirts no longer fit over my belly. Yep, it's time.
  • He is a very active boy. He especially loves to poke his feet out of my right side.
  • He gets the hiccups a lot. At least once a day, sometimes 3-4 times. It's pretty cute.
  • I hope he's small enough to fit into his newborn clothes because we have a lot of cute stuff! My doctor says I'm measuring normally, but you never know with our genes. My brothers were both born huge and Fabio was also a big baby.
  • I'm not nervous about the labor and delivery. People ask me if I'm nervous, and I just say that I don't truly know what to expect, so I just plan on going with the flow. Maybe when I do it a second time, and I know what to expect, I'll be nervous.
  • Yep, we will be moving with a newborn. (I think I'm more nervous about that than the actual labor and delivery.) I hope he won't mind a few flights in his first few weeks and living in an empty apartment for a while while we wait for our stuff to arrive in Glendale.
  • Mostly, we are just dying to meet our little guy.
We'll keep you updated on Baby Matteo's arrival!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooooh my pelvis is so sore. "Sore" doesnt even begin to describe it. Like someone attacks the whole crotch area with a mallet every time I stand up. Feeling your pain. BTW, you are so skinny everywhere else.

Melissa DeLeon said...

Glad you are on summer vacay -- you deserve to kick your feet up a bit!

Melissa DeLeon said...

Still can't believe you had nearly 10 lbs in there!!
Glad you are recovering quickly.