Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lately

So, this has been the view from where I sit lately. I find it safer to just let him nap on me, rather than get startled wide awake when I try to lay him down. I have tried swaddles, binkies, swing, crib, rolled blankets in the crib, etc.

We have tried "crying it out" but it didn't last long. I think he is too young, and he works himself up so much that he is wide awake and there seems no way he will go to sleep on his own.

Help?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

6 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Sleep issues are awesome, aren't they? I like "The No Cry Sleep Solution". It's been a while since I read it, but I thought it was a good method. Good luck!!!

Crystal said...

awww :(
Well at least you have a nice view of him all bundled up.
I have heard the title "Healthy sleep habits, happy baby" thrown around. I should have taken the time to read it! Maybe it will come in handy for you guys.
Good luck to you!

Abbie said...

Did you have a Nuk binkie?

http://nuk-usa.com/products/c-8/pacifiers.aspx

And not to sound critical but his swaddle looks more like a light wrapping. Perhaps swaddle tighter so he feels snug? Maybe you could heat up where is going to sleep with a warm water bottle, then take it out before you put him down so that he is swaddled tight and has a nice warm place (similar to you) to lay in... Just some thoughts.

Melissa DeLeon said...

Since he's too young to bribe... yup, I'm dry of ideas! :P

Hopefully it is just a phase, and he'll start to feel more secure soon.

But in his defense, if I had to choose, I would choose snuggling with you over sleeping alone! (I think Fabio might agree. hehe)

Melissa DeLeon said...

Oh, and let me add:
Cutest. Baby. Ever!!
XOXOXOXO

Heather said...

With my two little guys, I found that swaddling them tightly (arms tucked right next to them) so they couldn't wiggle out worked really well. It also worked well to roll a couple blankets or towels and wedge the baby between them while he slept. It made him feel more secure, like he was being snuggled. Just be careful not to put them up by his face...just shoulder height down. You don't want him to turn his head and not be able to breathe well!

Good luck! It takes a while for sleep issues to iron themselves out. And sometimes, you just have to let them cry. Learning how to self-soothe is a process and not something babies learn overnight.