Thursday, June 7, 2012

11 Months Old

Two words best describe Matteo's 11th month:  HIGH MAINTENANCE. 

Oh boy.  We're talkin' high pitched screeches, at home and in public, with no warning.  And not just cute screeches.  Demanding, angry screams.  We're ignoring them (at home), but it is taking some serious self-control on my part.  Self-control I didn't know I had.  He is also going through an attachment phase.  He wants to be right next to me no matter where I am.  And, if he's not, he's whining or screeching.  Also, he's going through a phase where he doesn't want to eat.  Solid foods is a big no-no right now, and in order to get him to eat pureed food, we have to play peek-a-boo or sing "Old McDonald."  Good times.

That said, he is also doing many cute things.  He is starting to imitate us.  He likes to play peek-a-boo.  He'll duck his head behind something and then pop up.  He also shakes his head at us when we shake ours at him.  We like to play this other game where we raise our arms up, and when we put them down, Teo will throw his up. 

The best thing he has learned to do is turn pages when we're reading to him.  He just knows that turning the pages is his job.  If he doesn't turn the page as soon as we finish reading, all we have to say is "turn the page" or "gira la pagina." 

This is what Teo was trying to do while I took his picture.


Most of Teo's "friends" (and by friends, I mean the babies of my friends) are 13-18 month old girls.  This little friend is ADORABLE and she was trying to feed Teo a grape, but since he's going through his "absolutely no food I have to chew" phase, he pushed her away, as you can see from his blurry arm.

You can see Teo's attachment issue in action in this picture.  This is his Mommy and Me class teacher, Carol.  She is so sweet with the babies and always happy.

Teo got his first lesson in sharing at his Mommy and Me class.

We went to St. George for Memorial Day and my parents came down too.  I love St. George and Teo loved the big house to crawl around in.

This is a common view from where I stand these days.  Now that Teo can crawl, he cruises to wherever I am (if he's not gated off in the living room) and then whines at my feet for me to pick him up.  How could you resist this face???

Teo is playing "arms up" with Fabio.

I love this picture because Teo looks like a little man just standing there.

Again, little man, just standing next to Papa'.

When we corral Teo in the living room, his favorite spot is at the gate, where he whines until we pay attention to him. 

And this is what he does when we don't pay attention to him.  Trust me, this boy gets plenty of attention, so no need to feel bad for that sad little face.

2 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

I once read something to this affect:
Having children, it's like living with little mini drug addicts. They're laughing one minute and then they're crying the next, and then they're trying to kill themselves in your bathroom for no good reason. They're very mean and selfish; they burn through your money..."

Muchos besos for your little addict! :)

Aunt Beth said...

Loved ALL the pics and all the looks you captured of Teo. What a guy.

I may have shared this when you were here, but one of your comments reminded me again: We learn much more from our children than we did from our parents.