Monday, July 9, 2012

Matteo's First Birthday

Matteo turned one on July 7, but since I spent that day in St. George for my Aunt Beth's funeral, we celebrated today, July 9. 

This past year has been a serious roller coaster.  A move 3 weeks after Teo was born, and trying to get acclimated to a new place, and then, another move right after his first birthday (July 23rd to be exact).  Good thing this next move is to Seattle.  :)  As crazy as this last year has been, I am so happy Matteo has been here with us through it.  I'm not going to lie.  Being a parent is incredibly stressful, but Matteo's sweetness makes up for all that.

 Let's just say that I'm glad we didn't make too many plans for Teo's birthday. He was pretty annoyed that we were forcing him to open gifts and eat a cupcake. That said, he was pretty good natured about it all. We had Nonno Bis (Gianni) and my mom on Skype, so we had a lot of background noise, but at least we got to share it with family. Oh-and La Nonna was here, as you'll see.

We decided that since Matteo has had a Winnie the Pooh in his bedroom since Day 1 that we would have a Winnie the Pooh themed party.  I decided to make cupcakes and we bought some decorations.  Matteo couldn't give a hoot about all that, but at least we have good pictures for posterity sake.  First birthdays are mostly for the parents/grandparents and for the pictures, right?  :)

















2 comments:

leisa said...

I love those cupcakes! they turned out sooo cute. And first birthdays and definitely for the parents!!! love it. Wish I could have been there to celebrate that cute boy!

Derek and Becca Theurer said...

Happy Birthday Matteo. It's so fun to see your little one start to grow up. I'm excited for you that you are heading back to Seattle. Congrats.