I know I sound like a Negative Nelly. I'm just being realistic. You have to change your mindset when you travel with little ones. That's OK. We actually had a really good time. After seeing our pictures, you'll understand, it would be hard not to have a good time when you're surrounded by so much beauty.
Hurricane Ridge was reminiscent of Switzerland because you felt like you were on top of the world. Matteo especially loved the deer. He saw a picture of a deer in the visitor's center and would say, "Eh-dis!" (Translation: "Oh! This!") Then he would run outside where he could see where the deer was grazing, point to it and babble something about how there is the real deer, then run back inside and proceed to do this little routine for about 10 minutes. It was pretty cute, and a relief, considering the melt-down he had just had on the trail.
The one mile round trip hike to Sul Doc Falls was fairly easy and very serene. It was safe for Matteo to bounce around on the trail and he had a great time pointing out trees and creeks.
The Falls were stunning, and a little scary with Matteo bouncing all over the bridge and surrounding area. Of course, gravitated to some nearby stairs and spent most of the time there. When will the obsession with stairs end!?
We took an impromptu side trip to Makah Bay. After some figuring out how to get a recreation pass so we didn't get fined for being on the beach in an Indian Reservation (Makah Tribe), we enjoyed some down time on the beach. It was so gorgeous and we were the only ones around. Just down the coast was Shi Shi Beach. Fabio and I have always wanted to go there, but it was only accessible by a hike, and there was really no way (this late in the day, especially) to take Matteo.
We stopped on Lake Crescent for a break from the car. I posed for a reading picture for our school librarian. I only WISH I could have actually spent some time here reading. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment