That's me! (Emalei) Last year I was talking with some co-workers about how to renew my teaching license and I mentioned that I would have to complete the Washington State professional certification process, which is a big pain. We're talking classes, portfolios, papers, etc. My principal mentioned that I should do the National Board Certification process. It's harder, but way more prestigious, and will get me a teaching license in almost any state. One of my co-workers and I decided to go for it. Lots of support meetings in a local school and at UW, hours and hours of planning, teaching, re-teaching, re-planning, writing, rewriting and rewriting and rewriting some more, testing, and waiting for 5 months for the results, I am now a now a National Board Certified Teacher!
I am not teaching this year, so it's been a bummer not to be able to share this with other teachers, some of whom know what a grueling process it is, but there are so many possibilities for leadership and professional growth with this certification. I'm excited to get back into the teaching work-force within the next few years!

No comments:
Post a Comment