This was the first Christmas that Matteo kind of understood what was going on. He was, of course, enamored by Santa. This Santa was the first of several we saw! Needless to say, I was Santa'ed out by Christmas.
Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium with Ronan and his mom was pretty fun, but is it ba-humbug of me to say I usually think Zoolights are over-rated?
Scuba diving Santa was a hit with everyone though!
We drove 1 1/2 hours to Elbe where we took the Polar Express Train, run by the Mt. Rainier Historic Railroad. It was cute, but Fabio and I came up with about a dozen ways to make it better! It was pretty much a train ride with cookies and cocoa and Santa. No biggie.
We spent Christmas at Nana and Grandpa's house. Aunt Abbie was there too and Ella came the day after. It was relaxing, and always feel good to be home and pampered with food and no chores!
Nana always has fun tracking Santa on NORAD.
We tried to make Christmas Eve magical with driving around seeing Christmas lights, singing Christmas carols and reading The Night Before Christmas. We also wrote a note to Santa and left cookies and milk.
Santa came and gifts were opened and a great time was had by all!
Pretty much, all we needed to get for Matteo was the OctoAlert from Octonauts. It's January 6 and he is still playing with it non-stop. Oh-three-year-old!


2 comments:
That was fun. You captured it well.
You are TOTALLY BAH-HUM-BUG! (Although, I have never been to see Zoo Lights myself, so I can't really argue with your assessment.) I love lights so much, but prefer to see the free ones more. In Renton, at Coulon Park, they have a Clam-tastic set up and I loved it! Again, it was free.
Christmas is only going to get more and more epic in size -- you better decide now what "cap" you want on your time, because there are lots to choose from and (crazy I know) you don't have to do it all.
Side note: by this summer I think I will be able plan a trip for Nico and I to come to Olympia's Children's Museum for a day trip (when he should be old enough to "get it". I'll keep you updated!!
Post a Comment