Cheese Memo:
My goodness, these people know how to make cheese…I bought some cottage cheese today (Hüttenkäse)…..it tasted NOTHING like American cottage cheese. This cheese was to die for. Ok, here is the end of my “cheese memo.” More to come…
PG Memo:
So, I went in to Partners Group today. They showed me the building (which is BIG and incredibly nice…., you could eat on the floor for how clean it is). They showed me the dvision of the departments and where I’ll be working. They said that there are currently five lawyers at their Zug office (one from China, two from Portugal, and two from New Zealand) and that I will be the sixth. They all sit in a team in a conglomerate of desks with nice computers, chairs, big desks, etc etc
Food Memo:
When it’s Saturday and it’s 4 pm, don’t do what I did today and wait to go buy some groceries….go QUICK because after 4pm, it will all be like midnight on Christmas Eve.
Phone Memo:
When you call offices or people and you don’t get an answering machine…that’s normal. People don’t have answering machines. When you call a cell phone and you leave a message, don’t expect that people actually check it because it costs them to check their phone messages. So, a lot of people don’t even check them.
Shopping Memo:
When you use a shopping basket, don’t put it on the cash line. They won’t empty it for you. They expect you to empty the basket. Also, don’t expect them to bag your groceries. They won’t. Also, you won’t get plastic bags. You need to ask for plastic bags and they cost anywhere between 50 cents and a dollar (yes, it’s a ripoff). I guess the idea is that you should bring your own bags. So, when you come here, pack a couple of sturdy shopping bags to bring with you. Today is Saturday and there are LOTS of public markets with 5 blocks from the apt. You will love them. There are lots of tourists lots of people on the streets. Weekends will be definitely fun and I can’t wait to go around the country with you. Each weekend will be different.
Commute Memo:
You’ll be taking bus 21 directly at the Railway station, right outside. It’s right in front of the huge post office. See photo. (Click on the photo to see the instructions he insterted himself!)
8 comments:
Wow, what an adventure, and so lucky to have someone blazing a bit of a trail so that you have some idea of what you are doing once you get there.
Keep posting, I am loving it!
I guess there's no reason to worry about you. There is someone that is taking better care of you than we could at this point. Will he send us instructions when we come?
Have fun..
Actually, I think some of his commentary sounds a lot like living in Brooklyn, NY all those years ago. Seriously, I felt like I was living in a foreign country then.
Aunt Beth
I can't get over what a fun adventure this will be. Fabio is great to make sure everything is just right for you. Lucky girl.
I just might have to come visit after you get to know the area a bit!
I love those memos! It's so interesting all the small cultural things that make such a difference! Btw, we bought some shopping bags off etsy that we use for our groceries now. You could look for something there and just have them mail it to your apt over there.
Okay, his memos and then the notes on the picture are TO DIE FOR!!! SOOOO CUTE! Your husband loves you VERY much. :)
You ought to clone that man of yours! So thoughtful and detail oriented. Keep up the posts. We're all living this vicariously and jealous that our lives aren't as exciting right now -
Wow Fabio. From the sounds of it, I think there are lots of people who want you! :)
Post a Comment