Sunday, August 31, 2008

Together Again and A Hike

It has been a VERY busy week. Hence the reason for a whole week going by with no post. But-I now have a camera and have something worth posting about! This past week was spent getting to school around 7:15 am and leaving around 5pm. Fabio got here on Friday and it has been SO nice to be together again. On Saturday we took the train to Grindelwald. It's a village in the Bernese Oberland region that is nestled in the Alps. Here is a photo log of our trip:


A village as seen from the train.


A church in the same village. Every village has a church, and they are all distinctive and beautiful.


Proof-we are together again. YAY!


Another photo taken from the train...we were almost to Grindelwald. It was about a 2 1/2 hour trip by train.


We took a hike from Grindelwald down to one of the lower towns. This picture and the next few will be of our hike. It went from hillside villages to a walk by the river to forest to open fields in a valley. It was perfect.








This was the view from the bench where we ate lunch...bread and cheese of course.






This was taken on the train ride home. We went through a lot of villages where I told Fabio, "Ohhhh...I wish we could get off here!"

Tomorrow we move to Zug. Fabio and I drove up there today (we have a rental car for a few days). We walked to his office (less than 10 minute walk) and found the nearest grocery store and post office. The lake (Lake Zug)is a mile away and is stunning! There is a waterfront park and the old city is right on the lake. I'll be snapping lots of pictures this week of my school and our new abode in Zug. We are soooooooooooooooooooooo happy to finally be settling somewhere. It's about time!

6 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Welcome home Fabio! Loved all the pics and the news. The pic of the two of you with sunglasses on is a lot like one from last summer's jaunt to Europe - except with bigger smiles.

Altho it's a beautiful day here, the scenery isn't even close; I'm not even sure we're on the same planet.

Aunt Beth

Jeanna said...

Yay, Glad Fabio made it home. I am super, super jealous, still....but I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, or not. :)

Keep on taking tons of pics!

Collette said...

I'm with Jeanna, I might get over the jealousy!
I love the quaint little villages. I'm glad that you're back together and all is well! I can't wait to see the new place and your school. Have a good week.

Abbie said...

Seriously dude. Stop posting... you're making the rest of us look bad... Ayeeeeeee sike! :) Did I really just say that? Honestly though, I totally missed your posts and kept looking like twice a day for something. It's about time is all I have to say. :) Welcome back Fabio. I'm glad you're there to take care of Em.

mom/Janet said...

It's oh so beautiful. I look at some of those pictures and think 'do people really get up in the morning and that is what they see while they do laundry, house cleaning, shopping etc. Hope you'll enjoy the experience.

Jessica said...

I have never heard of it, but Dave got very excited when he walked by and saw me looking at your pics- he says this is one of his favorite places ever! He really liked the "little towns on the sides of the mountains." :)Gorgeous pics!