After church 2 Sundays ago we went to Bern for a walking tour.
We climbed the tower of the Munsterkirche (church) and this was our view.
A view in the other direction.
We went on a walk around the Swiss Temple.
This photo marks the start of our second weekend excursion. We left Saturday morning for the Bernese Oberland. This breathtaking view was a must-stop along the way.
Lauterbrunnen was a town along the way. It was at the bottom at a beautiful valley. You can see the cliff and the waterfall in the background...the village we stayed in was at the top of this cliff.
This was the view from our chalet in the village of Murren. Pretty stunning, huh?
We took a walk through Murren. November is the quiet season between summer and winter, so we pretty much had the whole village to ourselves.
More of Murren.
We watched the "alpine glow" from our room. That's when the sun sets and glows off the mountains. The moon made it even more enchanting.
In the morning we went up to the Schilthorn (10,000 feet) for breakfast. Here is a view of Murren as we were going up in the cable car.
This was our yummy breakfast on the highest revolving restaurant in the world. The reason why our camera is so lame is because we had two pictures like this. This one, where you can't see the mountains in the background, and the other one, where you could see the mountains, but we were only shadows. Boo. :(
From the observation deck of the Schilthorn restaurant/visitors center.
Another beautiful view, but it was freezing!
Heading back down to Murren and then Lauterbrunnen. This photo was taken with mom and dad's camera. Can you see a difference? I can!
Mom and dad leave early tomorrow morning. We had such a fun time exploring Switzerland together!
6 comments:
Having been there first hand, I just have to say AMEN to everything. I will post more pictures on the family blog when I get home.
Your parents must have had so much fun visiting you. And you look gorgeous, Em!
Murren was my favorite place I'd ever visited until a few years ago. I love that place!
We'll come visit you there -- did you read that dear Jess?
The first comment that says Emalei was really me. I didn't sign in on my own account. I have to tell you Murren was gorgeous and then to go to the top of the mountain for breakfast - - unbelievable that we could go to the top.
Dude, I'm jealous and I was just there! You got to stay in Murren? Grr... Again... jealous. Don't forget to send mom and dad home with chocolate!
I'm not the pho-tog many of you are BUT honestly, I didn't think your pics were bad at all. Of course, I don't have anything to really compare them to. And you're talking to someone who has no camera, only her cell phone. What does that tell you?
I have so enjoyed everyone else's trips to Switzerland....
I loved the whole idea of riding up to the highest rotating restaurant in THE world for breakfast. Impressive, romantic and fun.
Just how cold is it over there?
Aunt Beth
Post a Comment