Sunday, February 22, 2009

Brugge 2

Brugge did not disappoint. I had planned on going to Ghent and possibly Brussels or spending my last day in Delft in the Netherlands, but I just didn't want to leave Brugge. It may have had something to do with the fact that there are 4 adorable, sweet girls there too...

Anyway, Wednesday night was cheese night. Thanks to Abbie's suggestion, Ann bought about 10 different cheeses, and we had all kinds of different breads and of course, Brugge bisquits, these delectable, small, hard pieces of bread that have some kind of sweet molasses flavor...with cheese spread over them, to die for!!!

I spent Thursday going to the myriad of museums Brugge has, sampling hot chocolate at Dumon and yes, taking even more pictures. The big church in Brugge has an original Michaelangelo sculpture, The Madonna and Child, one of the few outside Italy. On Friday morning, Myrna and I went to the lace museum, picked out some chocolate at The Chocolate Line and, again, sampled hot chocolate at Dumon.

My take on traveling alone: I probably won't do it again unless I must. Although it was nice in some aspects, it didn't outweigh having company to talk with and share with. I certainly had a good time, but now I feel like I must take Fabio back to these places! I guess it just doesn't feel complete until you share it with someone!

Please indulge me in yet another slide show. It is mostly for my benefit, and Abbie's, who will certainly love to see cheese night and The Chocolate Line. :)


4 comments:

Abbie said...

What a treat to come home from church and have more Brugge pictures to look at. I am sooo jealous of cheese night! I am so glad that you were able to meet Ann and the girls and of course, to visit Brugge. I will return again someday. Hopefully soon!!

Jeanna said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Funny how traveling always involves food. When H and I go places, the food planning is part of the fun!

mom/Janet said...

Umm I have been to the Chocolate Line and to the cathedral and all the other places you mentioned. I knew you would love Brugge. Can you imagine living there?

Cherlyn said...

I have to laugh at your mention of the Michaelangelo in that church because Ella and I almost missed it entirely! I had to go ask where it was, after we had spent almost an hour in there looking around at the other stuff. Nice pictures.