JUST KIDDING! Actually, we weren't kidding. We really were going to move to NYC. I had already applied to countless jobs and we even bought tickets to visit in May to find an apartment. (Tickets that are non-refundable by the way. Grrr.)
Well, the tides have turned, and we are now moving back to Seattle. Suuuuuuuuuuuper long story short, we didn't feel good about moving to New York for many, many reasons. If you care to hear the story (a few of you already have), let me know, and I'll be happy to tell you.
We feel so incredibly good about our choice. I have a job at Seattle Hebrew Academy again, Fabio will be getting an LLM (advanced law degree) at UW while doing an internship with the Department of Revenue and we'll be able to settle in the city we love.
Our year in Switzerland has taught us too many things to count. We have been able to travel the continent, have incredible jobs, meet wonderful people and experience life in the most beautiful country in the world. (I really believe that.) That said, we look forward to the great things ahead of us in Seattle...and they are also countless!
I hope we'll be seeing many of you soon!!!
12 comments:
YEAH FOR WASHINGTON!!! Ok, so I have to admit that NY would have been pretty cool. But I am way glad that you will be closer. With in driving distance :)
Way to go on getting a job at the Hebrew Academy. That is awesome to have something to come back to :) We love you guys!
Your subject should have been "Psych!!" :P
On the plus side, affordable apartments here are in quite abundance on Craigslist at the moment, so make sure to check that out. Let me know if you need any local help with the transition...
Well that is very good news for me as it will now be possible to see you! I'm so glad you'll be back soon!
I was actually hoping for Seattle! Glad you'll be back in the PNW!
Thanks for the shadow box idea. I'll have to try it out!
Yay!! You are back on the best side of the country!!
Glad you'll be back on this side! yay!
Actually we were initially disappointed because we had already planned a bunch of trips while you were in NY. #1 US Open
:( :(
So, now we'll go to NY by ourselves and come see you in Seattle for day trips. See you in July.
Um... Scott and I are still on the East Side and I must say, I could very well argue that this is the best side of the country. Um, Mom, Scott and I decided that we'll come with you to the US Open.
-Abbie
Ok guys...since so many of you are excited to see us when we come back, we have decided to start charing a fee. $100 to see just Emalei, $300 to see both of us together.
About Abbie and Emalei...you two should be ashamed of yourselves! Emalei says that Switzerland is the best country in the world and Abbie says the East Coast is the best side of the country. Maybe you both forgot you grew up in Sunnyside, WA????
I think Seattle rocks and it's by far better than Switzerland and the East Coast put together, multiplied by each other, and powered to the highest exponent.
Can't wait to come back HOME!
Fabio
LOL - that is so sweet of you Fabio, trying to include Smellyside in the mix!
emalei- how exciting for you!!! when do you make the big move? hope everything goes well!
So are you changing the name of your blog now?
And wow Fabio... I didn't know it was possible to like something that much.
Post a Comment