Saturday, May 30, 2009

La Mamma e Lo Zio in Svizzera

Fabio's mom and step dad (Fabio endearingly calls him "the uncle") are here for a visit! Our final visitors in Switzerland. So very sad...for me at least.

Yesterday we put them to work, as our old apartment had to be cleaned so we could turn it back over to its owners who are back from their trip around the world. We worked them so hard, and they did a truly amazing job! We couldn't have done all that cleaning and work (i.e. packing and moving boxes) without them. Grazie Gianni e Anna!

We are now living in corporate housing (thanks to Fabio's company) for the last month of our stay. Let's just say, we're not suffering. It's brand spanking new and ultra modern. A lot of things aren't practical, but it certainly is posh. I'll post some photos soon.

Today the weather was BEAUTIFUL! We went to Luzern (Lucerna in Italian) and enjoyed the Saturday morning market along the lake and took a drive out to my school. Wow. I will really miss this place. I think you'll see why:







"Goethe lodged here" 1779. You sure don't see stuff like this in the U.S.


I talked them into climbing one of the towers of the city wall. They were troopers!




Fabio and I think Luzern is Switzerland's prettiest city:


We visited my school which Anna thinks was the highlight of the day. It was so serene there on a Saturday! We went down by the lake and just relaxed...ahhh....




Anna loved this chalet. Who wouldn't? It belongs to the community and rents as a vacation home.






We found a stray basketball from school and Fabio had fun pretending he was Cristiano Ronaldo:




This house/castle/villa or whatever the heck it is is located at the bus stop before my school. Isn't it freakin' awesome?

2 comments:

Aunt Beth said...

Lovely pics as usual.

RE: Geothe lodged here - I know of a few of those types of places in the U.S. One is located in Granger, WA. The house where I lived for 17 years has a sign that says just that. You'll have to check it out the next time you're near there. . .

Thanks for helping round out my world with your travel adventures!


Aunt Beth

mom/Janet said...

All of these pictures look familiar. I'm glad we didn't wait to visit you thinking we'd come the second year. It is beautiful.