Again, Ticino is the perfect mix of Italy and Switzerland. The buildings are painted with murals, Swiss style, but then they have a building with busts of famous Italian scientists. This was my view as I ate my pizza.
The men, guarding the drawbridge. :)
This photo is slightly overexposed, but aren't they a cute couple? We thought this looked like a photo of them walking out of the temple after they were just married. :)
Three of my favorite Italians:
I'll really miss these fountains. Not only are they beautiful, but they gush out the most refreshing cold water. I like to think it comes straight from the melting glaciers off the Alps. :)
Almost more than anything, I'll miss the train rides in Switzerland. I've taken many photos of this church.
4 comments:
Better late than never, right? :)
I know that church. Do I know that church? I think I know that church. This post makes me sad. Your dad said the other night that he's really sad (and I am too) that we can't go back to Switzerland and visit you again. I guess Alaska will have to do.
Okay, every time you post about this city, it looks like one of those places you read about in an old Renaissance novel or something. Or wait! It looks like the city where they filmed "Chocolat." I MUST go there someday!!
Well, I guess my vicarious life of what it's like to live in Switzerland ends today, but boy, was it a terrific ride.
Thanks Miss Em!!
Aunt Beth
Post a Comment