Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Boy and A Girl in Seattle

We arrived! We are "home" in Seattle. That is what it feels like. Home. It feels so good to drive around familiar streets and feel like it was the right decision to move here.

It has been more than a whirlwind since we arrived on Tuesday night. We moved into our apartment on Wednesday. Fabio had class on Thursday. We have been unpacking, buying cars, buying things we forgot we sold, having lunch with friends and the list goes on.

Today my screensaver slide show was going and I saw the photo I took of our corporate apartment in Switzerland and I thought with a strange surprise, "Oh, yeah. I lived there." It is already feeling like a dream.

Our plans for the coming week include, Fabio starting his internship at the Dept. of Revenue, going to class, me doing homework, unpacking, grocery shopping, trying to sell things we don't need anymore, getting car insurance,...and that's only the beginning.

The weather has been absolutely stunning since we arrived. Clear skies, warm but not hot, slight breeze. Mt. Ranier has made a daily appearance. This city is just stunning. Especially on a clear summer day! I'm not missing Switzerland's beauty yet! There is too much of that to enjoy here!

Although there are many things I will miss about Switzerland, the few things I'm appreciating already about the good ol' U.S. of A. are:

1. American telivision and DVR
2. Trader Joe's
3. Affordable eating out options (Did someone say "Cheesecake Factory?")

More to come from the Emerald City!

8 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

Hooray! Summer is fun!!
I heart Trader Joe's and DVR too. :)

Jessica said...

Is the name of your blog going to stay the same?? :)

Emalei Ambrosio said...

The address of the blog will stay the same. The title of the blog has changed slightly! :)

mom/Janet said...

Yes Seattle is beautiful but we wanted to see Switzerland one more time with free room and board. Oh Well.......going to Seattle is cheaper not to mention the inexpensive Residence Inn. Welcome back.

Emily said...

The emerald city and there's no place like home? I feel a wizard of oz theme something in your future :) Hope to get up to WA sometime... Trying to get my parents to go to Seattle and I'd meet them there... we'll see! welcome home!

Bridget said...

Welcome Home!!!

Derek and Becca Theurer said...

Welcome back! Even though there are so many awesome places in the world, every time I go/live abroad, I'm always so glad to come back to America. It's not perfect, but it's a darn good place.
Good luck with school and settling back in.

Courtney said...

Oh, Em.....I love that Cheesecake Factory made your top three. I have so many fun memories of that place involving you.

Glad to have you back. Let's start planning that girls' weekend!