1. I'm a working woman again. I leave at 7am, home by 4:30 or 5pm. I've already lost the energy to go the gym after a day of dealing with 8 year olds and 12 year olds. I teach 3rd grade in the morning and 6th grade in the afternoon. It's chaotic, but I'm getting into the groove, and starting to enjoy it.
2. Fabio starts the LLM (advanced law degree) in tax tomorrow. He will be in class Monday-Wednesday from 4pm until 9pm. Super. So, I pretty much won't see my husband until Thursday. :(
3. We have been taking advantage of the fact that mom and dad live 3 hours away. Already we've met them for the day in Cle Elum (half-way), been down to do the tour of homes and this weekend for the Prosser Balloon Rally. Here's some of the highlights from this weekend (we're still down here in fact).
The street art was really cool, and we noticed (from the second photo) that Fabio wasn't the only Italian in town this weekend.
4. This is out of order, but Fabio and I went to Tacoma to the glass and Washington State History Museum. I didn't know that Chihuly is from Tacoma! There was a "Chihuly Walkway" from main street to the museum on the waterfront. We love being back in the Northwest with the water and evergreens and all the NW culture!
5 comments:
Looks like you guys have been staying busy! Don't you love living close to your parents after being far away for a while? I know I do.
The Chihuly stuff is neat. Something I knew, that you didn't...that he is from Tacoma. My mom has done units in her art history class about him and so that is why I knew.
you know i love Chihuly! I can't wait to get back up there to go to the glass museum!
Hey I want to lawyer to help me with what you do when someone uses something of yours without giving credit to the proper picture. ie: two pictures from the balloon rally. :) I'm so proud of my pictures.
Okay, so call me a girl who is a little bit obsessed with chick flicks, but that last picture reminds me of "Sweet Home Alabama." You know - those glass sculptures are what happens when lightning strikes sand......
Can't wait til next weekend!
Boy, next time I'm in Seattle I want to go see something Chihuly. I LOVE his work. I'm not often jealous but I am about this little adventure.
Thanks for sharing.
Aunt Beth
Post a Comment