I love sharing good, healthy and easy recipes! I hope you get a chance to try it and enjoy it as much as we do!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced (1/2 cup)
5 small red potatoes, diced small (3 cups)
1 cup shredded carrots (I hate carrots, but you can't even taste them!)
1 tsp chipotle in adobo, minced (canned)-(FYI: This only gives the soup a spicy "kick." It's certainly optional.)
3 cups water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
3 cups sweet corn
1/2 cup soy milk (I use almond milk)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
Black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in large pot with a tight fitting lid. Add onions and saute until golden. Add the potatoes, carrot, and chipotle and stir to coat. Let them cook over medium heat for a minute.
Add water and bouillon cube and mix well,. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover, cooking for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
If your corn is frozen, put it in a strainer and run lukewarm water over it until it has softened.
Transfer all or half of the mixture to a blender (I transfer all but about 1 cup). Add half of the corn, soy milk, salt and lime juice and blend until smooth. Return to the pot and stir in basil and remaining corn. Add black pepper to taste.
We like to eat it with this yummy sourdough-like artisan bread, but any bread will do, I'm sure.
This recipe and the pasta recipe I posted earlier come from this great cookbook called Vegan Yum Yum.
4 comments:
Even with the time difference I'm seldom first to respond to a west coast posting....
My across-the-hall neighbor colored my hair Friday and did a terrific job. Very nice person. Prior to owning restaurant (in Geneseo Em) she owned a beauty salon and hair coloring was her thing. Lucky me. She said to just assume she'll take over from Tracy (who will be so relieved) and there will be no more grey roots.
Georgene won't take $$ so I wanted to make something for her; she's a veggie and I will be making her the recipe you posted a couple of weeks ago. Can we spell nutritional yeast?? Boy, that wasn't easy to find. And vegetable broth wasn't a whole lot easier for some reason.
Keep these good recipes coming. Based on roots job every 4-5 weeks a recipe a month will be appreciated!
Yum! Can't wait to try this one!!
Looks sooooooooooo good! I love good soups and I love basil. Sounds like a recipe for success to me! Oh yeah happy valentine's day too :)
I made this for dinner!
I used regular milk, added a little more salt, and because we didn't have the can of chipotle, I used a few squirts of Hickory Farms chipotle ranch sauce (which added the perfect amount of "kick").
DELICIOUS!!!! AMAZING! PRACTICALLY FAT-FREE!
The meat-worshipping Dave's response? (And I quote):
"Okay, we need to start having this all the time.
Post a Comment