Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Heather and Melissa Tour Seattle

Two of my favorite gals came for a visit for the long weekend. I love playing tour guide, especially in my fave city (in America that is)!

Here's how the weekend unfolded:

Gas Works Park view over Lake Union (yes, I know they are blurry and the city is clear. Believe it or not, I do know how to use my camera...sheesh.)


Heather almost got trapped by the Fremont troll. Whew!


We braved the typical rainy drizzly stuff to go up the Space Needle. I don't think we were too disappointed.


What would a trip to Seattle be with the 30 second ride on the monorail!






I'm slightly ashamed to say the gum wall in Post Alley right below Pike Place Market may have been the highlight of the trip. Pretty nasty, but quite the phenomenon.








View of the Emerald City at night from Queen Anne Hill.


We wanted to take the ferry, but it looked so foggy, we decided to save $33 and just drive to Gig Harbor instead. Here's the view from Alki, which is kind of on the way:


Here's our chauffeur putting the moves on the tour guide:


Love you, girls! Invite yourself back to Seattle anytime! :)

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Emalei: "yes, I know they are blurry and the city is clear. Believe it or not, I do know how to use my camera"

Are you sure? :)

I love the hat! It looks so cute on you! :) Glad the girls were able to visit you. I haven't seen Melissa in ages!!

mom/Janet said...

Everyone looks so cute. A friends day just looking. Nice that you keep the connection.

Melissa DeLeon said...

Is that SUN I see on your faces in the last two photos?!?! It can be a very elusive object when it comes to Seattle. Glad it made an appearance while they were here, even if only briefly.
Looking forward to non-rainy days this week!

Dale said...

Dude...I am not even kidding when I say that you are the BEST tour guide. Leisa and I so badly want to come up and visit and have you take us on a little tour! :)

Jeanna said...

That chauffeur was taking all kinds of liberties! :)

I've been to Seattle once and it was completely sunshiney the entire time. Harold was in shock, I was feeling pretty happy about it.

Aunt Beth said...

Gosh,I haven't seen Melissa in eons. Looking good she is.

I can't take any credit for your tour guide skills as you slept through many of the tours I've taken you on in the past (2002 comes to mind). I think Dale would take the winner's trophy in that regard however, with Abbie a close second....