Walked along a gorgeous beach to rival those in the Carribbean:
Had an amazing dinner at a restaurant by the sea (check out the anitpasti):
Who knew you could tie mozzarella in a knot?
Fabio and Anna sang their souls out during kareoke. Fabio was singing a song (in Italian) about a boy who goes to America and pretends to be an American, playing baseball, sipping soda, etc, etc. He was translating it to me and we were laughing at that silly boy, and then they announce that this song was requested by Anna and it was about Fabio! HAHAHA! They then insisted he sing it, which he did, with gusto!
Fabio had a visit with some of his friends from the "good ol' days."
Moving on to today. About 45 minutes from Taranto is a charming town called Alberobello. The entire town and surrounding countryside is dotted with these amazing dwellings called trulli. They are white-washed stone domed roof homes that keep cool during the scorching hot summers. They are so charming, and despite the whole of Southern Italy visiting Alberobello today (today is a holiday), it was a great experience. I've been there twice before, both times it was very quiet and deserted, which I think I prefer. I felt like I was at Disneyland on Christmas day with all the people that were there!
In other news, I know how to make gnocchi now! Anna taught me when we got home from Alberobello. Now I just can't wait to eat it!
Tomorrow we'll be in Pompei and Ercolano, then on to the Amalfi Coast! It's supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny. Here's hoping! Ciao!
4 comments:
Gosh, are we even going to recognize you two when you get back? Emalei the gnocchi maker and Fabio the kareoke king! Way to fit into the local culture.
Finally, warmer temps for you two.
Mmm... the weather looks fanTASTic!! And, of course, so does the food. ;)
i think those houses are cute. I'd miss the windows, though, even if it was cooler than the outside heat. You are having such fun filled days. Hope you're ready for the reality of life next week at this time. At least you'll have all your blogging done. One less thing to do when you get home.
Em, you are looking SUPER skinny. :)
Post a Comment