Sunday, September 26, 2010

Healthy Treat

I have been craving cookies lately, but I've been trying to be good. (I won't mention the fact that Fabio and I and a friend went out for dessert at 10pm last night and I had a delicious chocolate cake.)

I saw this recipe on one of my favorite vegan websites, fatfreevegan.com. No, I'm not vegan, but they have some delicious vegan recipes! This one is good if you are craving something sweet and baked, but healthy. I know, oxymoron. They are not the world's best cookies by far, but they satisfied my need to bake and enjoy some cookies.



You can find the recipe here if you are interested.

Side note, I gave myself bangs. Note: Today is day two of this haircut. I did not wash my hair before this picture, and I happen to think this picture makes my forehead look particularly big, but like my mom always says, the picture takes what it sees. Sad.

10 comments:

Bridget said...

First I have to say, CUTE HAIR! And secondly, you look soooooo much like your mom in that picture! I have never seen that resemblance before, but almost thought it was Mama Smith before realizing it was you!

Jessica said...

Cute! I love a new hairdo!

Brittany said...

i agree with bridgette. cute hair! and i too think you look just like you're momma, so cute! and... my mom too always says "the camera takes what it sees". i think she said grandpa huggins used to say that. hmmmmm...

Mme. Kara said...

I'm all about the bangs! I love that you tried something new!

Anonymous said...

What a hottie!!!!!

Courtney said...

Awesome bangs! Not-so-awesome cookies. But you know how I feel about low-fat desserts. I still need to get that recipe for those garbanzo bean tacos from you sometime, though...

Anyway, I love the way the bangs frame your face, and I'm impressed that you did it yourself, too! :)

Melissa DeLeon said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Bridget, cuz that was the first thing I thought. (In my defense, you are also wearing a cartigan.)
I get into phases where I'm tired of seeing my forehead and clip bangs, but it doesn't take long before they start to be swept aside or pulled back with a clip. Habits die hard.

Abbie said...

Dude, you totally look like Mom!!! It's unreal!!! :)

Aunt Beth said...

My first thought was that she looked like her cousin Cherlyn (on the Smith side) but then, I've always thought those two looked similar and had a few similar mannerisms.

Variety is the spice of life.

Anonymous said...

Emalei,
You look absolutely adorable! How was the camping?
Lea