Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Showered with Love and Attention

We're approaching our last month without a little one in tow. This is me and Baby Matteo at 34 weeks:



We are now at 35 weeks, and it's still not sinking it that he should be here within 5 weeks. We are almost ready with just a few things left to buy. He is set with clothes, diapers, wipes, blankets, toys, stroller and much, much more. This little one is already loved and anticipated beyond measure!

Last weekend, my sister, mom, friend and cousins threw me and Baby Matteo a shower. I believe this shower started out to be a "virtual" shower with people skyping and calling in, but it turned into mostly a traditional shower with just my mom and sister skyping in and my aunt calling in. It was FABULOUS, and this being the first shower that has ever been thrown in my honor, I felt a little uncomfortable, but we ended up having a wonderful time!

My friend, Kara, took wonderful photos of the event. The only sad part is, she appears in NONE of the photos. Veerrrrry sneaky on her part!

The amazing spread, all made by my amazing cousin, Jill.


The amazing diaper cake, also made by Jill:


The famous Jill. She really went all out for this shower, and I'm so grateful:


Introducing my mom (via Skype) to everyone:




I LOVED all the gifts, but I think this little onesie is especially cute! I just hope Baby Matteo fits into it!


Some of those who attended, minus Kara, Jill, and our "virtual attendees" (mom, Abbie, Ella and Aunt Beth):



As a follow-up, yesterday, Fabio called me at 7am and said his coworkers had a pile of gifts in the conference room and wanted to throw us a mini-shower, so I came in and we had a lovely surprise baby shower at Fabio's office. It was so generous of them and such a surprise to us! Baby Matteo is sure one lucky guy!

5 comments:

Derek and Becca Theurer said...

How fun! I LOVE skype. Get ready though, even skype changes with baby. I used to laugh that when I skyped my sister she would just put the camera on her baby. We do it now, too. That's what everyone wants to see!
I'm so excited for you guys. Enjoy your final days of just you and Fabio.

Aunt Beth said...

What great pics! Thanks Kara. And hats off to Jill and Cherlyn for their hospitality and generous creativity. Even tho I couldn't see the event, the connection was so clear I felt very much a part of things.

Honey, that Matteo onesie better be his going-home outfit if you want to see him in it! Love it.

Glad everything turned out so well, including the add'l generosity of Fabio's co-workers. Everyone loves to celebrate the arrival of a new baby.

Abbie said...

How fun!! I'm so glad that everything worked out and a big thanks to Jill!! Yay!! It turned out great and I'm so happy for you. :) Can't wait to photograph that little guy. :)

mom/Janet said...

It was fun. What a wonderful thing Skype is.

Anonymous said...

Emalei,
What fun for me to see the pictures of your shower! Pretty soon you will have a little Matteo in your arms! Wow! Another SHA school year behind us and another school year behind for you as well! A new life awaits you!! You will be a great Mama!
Sending you all the best from Seattle!
Lea