Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Matteo's First Christmas

Matteo spent his first Christmas in Puglia, Italy with his nonna, nonno "bis" and zia Valentina and zio Ugo.  (And his mama and papa' of course.)  It was a little unorthodox, as we had just arrived from the U.S. a few days before and were fighting jet lag, so we were all sleeping at odd hours.  Fabio's family wanted to open gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve at midnight, and we decided that whenever Teo woke up, he could join the party. We had Christmas Eve dinner while he slept and then he woke up around 11pm. He had about 30 minutes of opening gifts before he needed to go back to sleep, so he opened the rest of his gifts on Christmas morning.  Teo had about 10x the amount of gifts as everyone else, and boy did he have fun opening them!  I know he didn't know what was going on, but he sure put on a good show, acting super interested in each new package and then being intrigued by the gift inside.  We had quite a bit of fun watching and helping him.

He got several toys, lots of clothes and lots of Italian (and a few English) books.

All of our gifts in the entry way of the home we rented.  About 80% of them belong to Teo.

On Christmas Eve, Teo wore his Christmas jammies Nanna bought him.  He only got through about four gifts before he decided he needed to go back to sleep.  I love how curious he is about each gift.





Teo admiring our little tree on Christmas morning.  He wore his "My First Christmas" onesie.  Good thing Christmas came when it did.  One day later and it would have been too small!







We had to buy a new suitcase just to bring all the new bootie home, but Teo is enjoying his new toys, clothes and books very much!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I can't get over that spaghetti bib! It is sooo awesome! I really think you will use that thing.

Aunt Beth said...

My, my, that boy is loved on both sides of the Atlantic - not that I'm surprised.

I loved his look in the photo w/the yellow toy. Priceless.