Gelato almost every day...of course!
Lots of cured meats and cheeses.
One day Matteo wouldn't eat anything so he had 3 different helpings of gelato throughout the day, thanks to Zio and Nonno.
Pizza almost every day. We were pretty sick of it by the end of the trip.
For my birthday, Anna bought a special Easter pastry, a ricotta pie. Yum!
Cappuccinos every day, sometimes more than once a day. I have never been a coffee drinker, but I am a convert. AMAZING. (We bought an espresso/cappuccino maker in the hopes we can recreate heaven on earth.)
The infamous Ernesto panzerotto.
Matteo received a complimentary roll almost every day from the bakery. He was their favorite "customer."
After about the third time of an absolute gelato disaster with Matteo, we decided that he only gets a cone from now on. Maybe next time we go to Italy he will get to try gelato again.
Easter cakes (Colomba) are everywhere. My favorite version is the chocolate infused kind...of course.
Easter pastries. 'Nuf said.
I love how they wrap the pastries, like a gift. So fitting.
I had a cornetto chocolato (chocolate croissant) every day. When Matteo came with us to the bar, he would have a regular croissant. Croissants, gelato and bread made up Matteo's diet for the whole two weeks we were there.
I helped Anna make one of Fabio's favorite meals, stuffed eggplant.
An Easter tradition is giving children a huge hollow chocolate egg with a toy inside. Matteo was a fan of this tradition.
We celebrated Anna's birthday and bought her this cake. Isn't it beautiful? It was delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment