Here are some pictures to highlight Abbie and Ella's visit to Switzerland!
Me and BooBoo on a hike near Zug.

More of our hike.
Abbie and Ella on the old bridge in Lucerne.
Ella and I at the Lion Monument in Lucerne. She was such a trooper! We dragged her all over!
Abbie and Ella in old town Zug. We spent Monday wandering the "Altstadt". It was quiet but charming.
I took this photo all by myself on the train! It's in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland, which I think is my favorite part so far.
Abbie and Ella having fun on the train.
Abbie and Ella in one of the three castles in Bellinzona.
The view of Castello Grande from Castello Montebello. It was quite a hike to get up there!
Abbie and Ella outside Switzerland's parliament building in Bern.
Bern is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo charming. Abbie and Ella and Fabio are trying to get out of the way of an oncoming car. I'm about to get run over, unbenounced to me.
A Boy and a Girl in Bern.
Oh...Ella loves Uncle Fabio.
We went to a cheese festival in Lucerne on Saturday and me and Ella got our picture taken with the alp horn blowers! :)
I know a lot of you have nieces, but I think mine is the very cutest. We had lunch with Abbie's host parents from her highschool exchange program about 10 years ago. They are from Geneva. Ella really liked Christine, Abbie's host mom. That's who is holding her. And you can see her host dad in the background.
Our first fondue experience in Switzerland.
Thanks, Abbie and Ella for such a fun week! We loved the cuddling (with Ella of course), cheese tastings, creme de gruyeres with merangues, chocolate, bread with nutella, gelato, pizzerias, kebabs, "That's Not My Puppy", train rides, hikes and oohing and awing over beautiful places and new recipes! We'll miss you and can't wait until Abbie and Ella go Swiss again!
3 comments:
Not that I haven't ooh'd and aah'd over pics of Switzerland and Ella and everything on yours and the Rufener blog, BUT, the pics in this latest post of you and Fabio are great. You both look happy and at home. Great to see. AND, I loved all the news and pics of Ella's first great adventure trip to Europe thanks to Aunt Emalei and Uncle Fabio. I'm sure you're well on your way to becoming her favorite aunt and uncle! Just remember, it takes a lot of time, effort and $$ to retain that "most favored status." And that's from personal experience....
Aunt Beth
Oh... I'm getting all teary eyed and my stomach is also growling. :) I'll have to put up my last post soon. Ella is down for another nap. She's not going to know what to do now that she doesn't have someplace to go everyday! :) You guys seriously as so great. I still can't believe you paid our way over. Thank you thank you thank you!
I might have to agree that your niece is the very cutest. She's like a supermodel baby!!!
Post a Comment