Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Viewing History From Across the Ocean


I, along with every European I have talked to in the last few months about politics, am thrilled that the majority of America voted for change. Europeans already view America differently. I already feel differently about my own country. People are inspired by how America turned out in record numbers to vote for Barack Obama. I could ramble on about my excitement, but I'll spare you all and just say one more thing. I am optimistic about the next 4, potentially 8 years, and look forward to the changes that will make our nation safer and more unified. O-BA-MA!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Having lived abroad (Europe and Middle East) for almost 4 years combined, I know what you mean. I feel that I have a more holistic view of America because I have it seen it not only through my eyes but the eyes of others.

Melissa DeLeon said...

I heard a joke about the names of the two candidates, and that it sounded like a square off between the Scots vs the Irish: McCain and O'bama! (Maybe you had to be there...)
Yes, very exciting that so many voted!! U-S-A, U-S-A!

Aunt Beth said...

A guest from France on Charlie Rose two nights ago began his comments sharing that our neighbors around the world were hoping to see much less arrogance from the USA directed toward the rest of the world. It's time.

Aunt Beth