Friday, May 22, 2009

Duckies!

Last weekend Fabio and I took a walk around old town Zug. There is a small bird conservatory off the main square that consists of a man made pond, grass and trees. We were over looking at it because they have some pretty unique and colorful birds. We were oohing and awing over a beautifully elegant reddish orange bird perched on the tree above us when I looked down and saw this:
Oh. My. Gosh. I just about died over how absolutely small and cute and precious and soft and sweet and squishable they were! I went back today and snapped, snapped away with no shame. I was so excited to see that they were swimming! How amazing that they looked like pros in the water already! I could just sit and watch them all day. Fabio said that if I'm not careful, they'll start mistaking me for their mother. :) I wouldn't mind one bit!



Hey, where did everyone go?

Should I get in?

Should I?

Yes, I should.


Towards the end of my photo shoot mommy duck decided it was time to get some lunch.

8 comments:

Abbie said...

I don't know what's cuter: the ducks or that you posted this. :) Adorable!

Jeanna said...

I think both the post and the cute duckies are adorable! What a lovely post. If you end up adopting, tell them not to grow up!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh!! I want one!! You could probably sneak a few of them through customs, right? :O)

Melissa DeLeon said...

They look SO SOFT!! Very cute.

mom/Janet said...

Do you rememger the 110 baby chicks we raised that were so soft and squishy? You squished it and we thought for sure it was dead but it finally ruffled it's feathers and got up. The little ducks walking along the waters edge is beyond cute.

Bridget said...

I love this! AND I can totally hear Emalei in my head sqealing and saying, "Ooh, duckies!" I guess the love for ducks must run in the family, because Dane would have had the exact same reaction. Ducks are his fave!

Aunt Beth said...

Emalei, you could start an online business coming up with captions for other people's pictures! Gosh, yours were good.


Aunt Beth

Dale said...

When I was looking through this post I thought for sure that at the bottom of it would say "This post is dedicated to Dale" because I know you know that ducks are my favorite animal in the whole world. SO CUTE!!! I just wanted to squish them the whole time.