Saturday, July 18, 2009

Beautiful Washington

Yesterday I went to Discovery Park, which is only a few blocks from our apartment, to watch the cruise ships leave the Sound. It was such a gorgeous day, and even though I had a massive sunburn from a run earlier that day, I was loving the weather and the view from the bluff:



If you click on the photo you can see Mt. Ranier:


I got to see the Princess Cruise leaving. I could even hear the loudspeaker announcing (I think) the emergency drill:


This morning my mom called and asked if we were feeling spontaneous. They were going to Mt. Ranier and then having dinner at Whistling Jack Lodge and asked if we wanted to meet them. We threw our plans to see Harry Potter out the window and headed down to Ohanapecosh. It was, again, a PERFECT day.



We hiked our favorite trails, Ohanapecosh Falls and Grove of the Patriarchs:






That background doesn't even look real! And, I'm ashamed of my shiny face...it always does that when it's sunburned. Oh well.








Do you like how Fabio's standing on his tippy toes. :)


Of all the things we gave up leaving Switzerland, natural beauty wasn't one of them! What a great weekend!

6 comments:

Emily said...

beautiful! i love the photos you get!

Abbie said...

I'm so sad! I wish i could be there. That's on my list of 101 in 1001. So maybe next summer (especially if Scott has a good paying job) we can go hiking/camping at the good ol' O.

Derek and Becca Theurer said...

So gorgeous. I love living in Texas, but I MISS beautiful, mountainous places like that. Nothing like that here. Great pictures.

Courtney said...

There is definitely something to be said for all of that rain you guys get up there - it sure does make everything look beautiful!!

P.S. I'll talk to Melissa and we'll figure out good dates in Sept/Oct for a girls' weekend, and then collaborate with you! :o)

kim said...

welcome home em! o.k., so beautiful the pics, you're right, they do totally look fake b/c it's just so pretty. and love the apt., very cute and stylish! so glad you liked the salad recipe!

Jackie and Bryan said...

I heard Harry Potter was absolutely TERRIBLE anyway...so maybe it's better you didn't go!