Abbie gave us a vegan cookbook for Christmas, and I tried my first recipe from it a few days ago. I was a little concerned that Fabio wouldn't like it because he likes familiar tastes, but this meal surprised us both. It's called "Sweet Potato Bake" and it is AMAZING. It's pasta, sweet potatoes, kale and an "alfredo sauce." The sauce is mostly just almond milk, cashews, nutritional yeast and a bunch of spices. Blended together, it makes the yummiest sauce! I can't wait to use it on other recipes! (I made this recipe again today, by the way.)
I have a lot of other vegan recipes that I use, but this one is right up there with the most comforting of them. I took a photo to capture this meal's glory, and Fabio insisted that the meal needed one more thing to make it pure perfection, so here ya go:
PS: If I get enough comments, I'll post the recipe, but it's pretty long, so I didn't want to type it all out unless I felt there was a demand.
7 comments:
First of all, you can't see the ghetto counter top or the junk in the background. You and your sister need to quit apologizing for things. OK now my comment. :)
It looks really good. Could you scan the recipe and just paste it? Put it on your list if we ever visit for dinner.
ooh ooh! recipe please!! That sounds delicious! Hey what are you and Fabio up to next weekend?
I would love making this for our unhealthy eating family. It looks and sounds delicious.
i'm not going to demand the recipe, but if you post it, i'd be happy. :) it looks delish! and it has all the right flavors - sweet potatoes (one of my favs!), almonds, cashews. yummy!
way to eat healthy! i'm not there yet. in fact i'm about to bake a batch of cinnamon rolls. maybe i'll use whole wheat flour...?
I'd actually love the recipe, too. You made it sound so appealing. :)
LOL - the coke zero in the photo (to make it "pure perfection") is going to make me laugh the rest of the day! You kill me, Fabio. Too funny.
Melissa took the words right out of my mouth! Too funny. Talk about an odd juxtaposition.
Post a Comment