Here's a run-down of the last month:
Kayaking on Lake Union/watching sea planes take off and land.
Fabio took finals and finished classes for the summer.
I finished the school year with a bang. Thursday (June 17) was our last day. This time last week I was thinking it would be the longest week of my life with a showcase of student work for parents on Tuesday, portfolios still had to be finished, my room had to be cleaned out and my stuff moved to my new room. Now it's all over, and I can't believe I don't have to go in to work tomorrow! Weird. I never get used to this feeling.
We have been watching some World Cup soccer, and miracles happen people. I'm actually starting to LIKE watching soccer! Finally! After almost 4 years with Fabio, I'm starting to understand and appreciate the game. I'm also starting to know some of the players. Forza Italia!!!
We walked the 6 mile path around Lake Union in the pouring rain.
Our local gym in Magnolia closed much to my dismay. However, much to my delight, they transferred our memberships to the new LA Fitness in Ballard and it ROCKS! Brand new equipment, a myriad of classes, TVs on every machine, 5 star bathrooms. I like working out now.
Fabio's business continues to boom and I have been able to help him on many occasions. I'm now a full-time employee of ALF (Ambrosio Law Firm).
Gelateria D'Ambrosio has opened in Ballard and we're addicted. We're talking authentic gelato just a few miles from our house. Amazing. I have no words for how delectable it is. It was opened last month by an acquaintance of Fabio's. He's from Abruzzo and a really great guy and an even better gelato maker!!!


I'm not really sure how, but this photo ended up on yelp.com. I guess our friend, Alesandro, took it and posted it. You can see me (very scary looking) and Alesandro's son, Vincenzo (Vincenzino as we like to call him), through the glass.

If the weather actually starts to resemble something summerish, this looks like it could shape up to be a great summer!
4 comments:
Does Ambrosio mean something in Italian? I was thinking there for a minute that you opened a gelato place. :) Too bad it's close by---it could be dangerous once the warm weather comes.
I was going to ask the same question that mom did. It looks good though for sure. I swear I envy your guys' life sometimes. I love St. George, but there is just something about Seattle and the markets and cool little shops I just think would be so fun!
This is going to sound ultra pathetic, but did you know that Costco is getting gelato at their food court? 3 scoops in a waffle cone for $1.50. I'm looking forward to trying it.
The other day when I was telling my sis-in-law and nephews that they HAD to try the shaved ice in Utah....my 12 yo nephew said to me, "Jeanna, you've GOT to go to Rome!"
No kidding.
I realized last night I hadn't checked the blogs for a while (you know, been busy squishing Miss Ella...) and the updates have been fun to catch up with.
Is the man behind the window your husband?? You only mentioned the little boy and yourself so I was just wondering...
After sweltering away most of the time Abbie and Ella were here last week, I actually put my fleece robe on this morning because it was so chilly. LOVING IT!! This too shall pass.
Post a Comment