Nonna suggested we take a morning excursion to Cisternino and she made a good call. It was peaceful and beautiful and charming and we all loved it, as evidenced by the 100+ pictures we took. I included a sampling here, but rest assured, I took photos of every corner of this village.
Fabio knows I am a sucker for churches, and there are plenty in Cisternino, and every other Italian town for that matter. This "chiesa piccola" had remnants of a mosaic built into the absid and is named for the patron saint of the eyes.
The main church of the town had some statues that they used for their own mini version of an Easter procession.
The countryside in Puglia is so stunning. Trulli dot the landscape and the trees were blooming and flowers were popping up.
There was this gorgeous piazza that overlooked the countryside. Some of the local men were hanging out there, true Southern Italian style, playing their game on the pavement.
1 comment:
It does look charming. Love the pictures.
Post a Comment