Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Matteo

I'm having a moment of nostalgia and felt the need to post about Matteo.  It's been such a long time since I have.

Even though he is moody and whiny and sometimes inconsolable whenever he wakes up, and even though he is currently going through a phase of never being happy unless someone is paying the ultimate attention to him, and even though he must wake up before 6 am almost always, and even though he has a repertoire of about 6 foods he will eat, and even though he can't nap without waking up in the middle of it needing me to come back in and put him back to sleep, and even though you can't walk anywhere with him in tow without waiting every two steps for him to "come along," and even though he throws a tantrum when you don't breathe right,  he is absolutely perfect.

He loves to giggle. He twists his little hands up at you and says, "Ehhh-Mamma!" when he wants to be held.  If he doesn't know the word, he points to it and says, "Dis!"  He says in the most serious way known to any two-year-old, "Bye, Mamma" when I leave the room at night.  He loves choo-choos and construction trucks to the point of glee beyond control when he sees them.  He loves to give kisses through the stair rails.  When he runs he is actually prancing.  He calls grandpa "Tee-Paws."  He still won't say, "yes," but instead says "Ughhh!" in the most relieved voice possible when you finally guess what he is begging for.  You may think I'm crazy, but I actually think he looks cute when he cries.

He is my little love, and I work to cherish every moment, easy and hard, good and bad, because life has taught me that it is fleeting, and the quality of the present moment is what creates a rich life.

And now he's standing up in his crib begging for his Mamma to come get him.  He will be whiny and inconsolable, but I'm pretty sure that one day, I will long for him to be crying for his Mamma.  :)

2 comments:

leisa said...

What an adorable post, Will and Teo are SO much alike! He loves choo choos and all tractors as well! I wish they could play :)

mom/Janet said...

What? No pictures?