Here is what we did yesterday:
We took a tour of Fabio's office on Saturday morning and they have a lovely Christmas tree in the foyer. You'll notice lots of photos with Christmas trees. La mamma LOVES Christmas trees, and she wanted her picture taken with almost every one she saw. Cute. :)
This is a Christmas display in the Zug train station.
La mamma in Luzern. We were pretty disappointed by the weather. :(
More Christmas trees in Luzern. We all admitted that the trees in the U.S. are far better, but they must be better here than they are in Italy, because she loved them!
Last night we headed to Basel for the famous Christmas market. It was sooooooo beautiful and far exceeded my expecatations! We weren't there long...it was cold, and late, but it was wonderful! We didn't buy much (I bought a tree ornament), but there were a million wonderful crafts to see, and tons of yummy food to smell. The photos are super blurry, but hopefully you can make out how charming it was!
La mamma loved this window display. It was mostly Christmas trees. :)
We really don't have any photos for today. We planned on going up Pilatus, but when we got out to where you take the funicular up the mountain, it was closed! We went back to the train station and got a refund so we could take the cable car up instead, but the mountain was completely surrounded by clouds at this point. We walked around Luzern hoping to see the clouds clear, but they never did. :( Boo. We headed back home for a chill afternoon, and it's been quite lovely.
Tonight we are going to have fondue and raclette so that la mamma can experience Swiss food at an affordable price. She leaves tomorrow and we have so enjoyed having her here. She cooked us wondeful food, and made us laugh all weekend. Ciao, la mamma! Ti vogliamo bene.
4 comments:
Yay for Christmas trees! Yay for la mamma!
i agree with jess yay for christmas trees!!!
If you read this in time, tell La Mamma hello from me. Also, I want to go to the Christmas market in Basel. WAAA I'm sure you had a good time and I know she had a wonderful time. How nice for Fabio and his mom to be so close to each other for a while.
I can see why La Mamma enjoyed the trees so much. I really like the one in the Zug station, but all of them are super charming. Sometimes Americans do things TOO big or TOO perfect. I like the charming stuff better.
Post a Comment