Friday, August 21, 2009

Meet my Nannerpuss phone

This is the tale of my Nannerpuss phone, Motorola i335. Emalei and I used to own state-of-the-art cell phones in Switzerland; the kind of cell phones that will do everything for you short of boiling pasta! This was our Swiss cell phone:

Right before coming to the U.S., Emalei's Swiss cell phone got mildly rained on...perhaps a droplet or two. Well, the phone broke with serious water damage and the warranty people declared it unrepairable.


Since we moved to the U.S., we are on a cheap monthly plan with a likewise cheap phone. Meet our Motorola i335, a cell phone that barely manages to display colors and has two ringtones:


Well, our Motorola i335 won our full respect this week when it survived a toilet flush. We won't say who it was, but one of us accidentally dropped the phone in the toilet while it was flushing with everything else (we also won't say what else) ....

I'd like to mention that this was not a residential flush, but a serious industrial-strength flush! Well, the little Motorola was drunk for three days. Everything stopped working: first, the battery, then the LCD, then the transmitters, and finally it became humid inside and out. We were about to go buy a new phone, when suddenly this morning our little Motorola came back to life! It has dried and works like a beauty...perhaps even better :) :) :)!

The moral is: to all those out there who scorn and make fun of old-school technology, watch your mouth... who's the Nannerpuss now?

Fabio

8 comments:

Abbie said...

LOL! I died laughing. I didn't realize it was a crazy toilet you dropped it in! I love Nannerpuss.

Brittany said...

i'd like some elaboration on the toilet flush story please. :)

mom/Janet said...

What? Abbie knows whose phone it was that fell in the toilet. Since it is even better than before, does it have more ring tones and better features?

Fabio said...

Yes, the phone now has a new ringtone...the ringtone of rushing fresh spring waters.

Fabio

Jessica said...

I had the same thing happen to a cheap old Nokia of mine! Dropped it right in the toilet, it was dead for three days, and like theresurrection itself, came back to life on the third day. Miracles happen.

:)

Melissa DeLeon said...

Hahahaha - that was a FANTASTIC story, Fabio! OMG - my eyes are watering...
Oh, and when I saw the title said "Nannerpuss" I was already amused. I love that commercial.
You are too much... Haha!!

Aunt Beth said...

I must be way old school as my first question was what's the cell phone doing in the bathroom but then I remembered that it's probably your only phone.

And just to show my old=schoolness again, hate to admit it but I've never heard of Nannerpuss. What a funny name.

Aunt Beth

Dale said...

Seriously one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time. "flushing with everything else (we also won't say what else)." I was on the floor, rolling at this point.