Sunday, August 14, 2011

Matteo Visits the Getty Villa

La nonna is visiting from Italy for 2 1/2 weeks, which means that Teo gets to give her the tour of LA. It started on Saturday with a trip to the Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades. It's one of my favorite places in LA, and I think Teo agrees that it's beautiful. He was awake and alert most of the time, taking in the art and artifacts and gardens. He was especially impressed by some of the ancient Greek artifacts that came from his daddy's home in Southern Italy. He was so good and so sweet. He is appreciating culture at an early age, I can tell. :)



La nonna almost cut our heads off, but it's still a good family picture.


Teo looks huge in this picture. Trust me, he's a big boy, but the angle of this shot makes him look even bigger than he really is!








We had lunch in Beverly Hills and strolled Rodeo Drive afterwards. Teo was again impressed by all of the Italian designers that have stores in such a prestigious location: Ermenegildo Zegna, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi, Bulgari, Baracci, Gucci, Feragamo, and Valentino. La nonna also had fun.



Fabio and la nonna are looking at some expensive watches here. We saw a diamond ring for $360,000. We could either buy that or a house. Hmmm...


Here's our easy going, good natured little man just chillin' in his stroller. He's the cutest.


4 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

A few weeks out of Omaha and you already sound like yourself again. Glad to see my friend back. :)

BTW - You look FANTASTIC!!!

Jessica said...

It's so surreal to me to hear about such a good-natured, calm little baby. What lucky parents you are!!

mom/Janet said...

I agree with Melissa. It's good to hear you describing the good things you're seeing. Looks like you're showing Anna the sites. Have fun.

Aunt Beth said...

RE: Pic of mom & dad with heads almost cut off and Baby Teo: I'm not exaggerating - I have a picture of little Emalei at six months with her mom and dad in almost the exact same pose taken by William's mother in Nauvoo, IL., in Sept. 1979. One difference is that our mother did cut off their heads.

I want to keep this blog G-rated so I can't share William's response....